Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Close of A Chapter

I lived a different kind of life last year. I had more time and freedom to do the things I always wanted to but did not previously have the time to.

I experienced a lot of many things which I would not have dreamed that I would ever have the guts to do. I had the chance to go to Philippines, Indonesia, London, Taiwan, and travel some parts of China on my own and associated with people of another culture and mindset. I learnt skills which I would never have thought of but still they would not earn me enough money to buy back time.

I tried to work beyond the threshold of body and experienced bouts of physical pain as a result. But, I found my limits.

I experienced sarcasm of another level from close ones. But, it tested the boundaries of my humility and lack of it.

I learnt that family ties mean nothing except when it is mutual.

I found that courage comes from putting up a strong front in the face of sarcasm and facing adversaries straight-on.

What a year of 2005! The chapter has closed.

I am going to embark on my previously trodden-journey. No more outside world adventures and hopefully not so much adversaries (dream on, I thought). Hope not too much wild grass has grown on the old road that needs weeding.

I have to bring along my newly-found traits and get back on the road again this Feb 2006. So long, 2005, thanks for the memories.

No comments: