I have just completed a project in August and now starting on another. Felt feelings of loss after the project, as frankly I have been so hectic for the past few months, that now, I have more spare time, yet felt a sense of loss and not being of "use" at the moment.
This is sad, and probably because there is only me and SL, so there is not much to occupy my mind, except my mother's health and her well-being.. And yet, I often dream of early retirement and being a housewife. SL often says that I cannot stay at home, else I would be so irritable and would find things to quarrel with him. This is probably true.
With no kids (not by choice now), I sometimes wonder what my future holds. Que sera sera whatever will be will be, the future’s not ours to see. The thought of working till sixty-two and beyond to keep myself alive sounds scary but is realistic.
As age and fats pile on and time slipping through like sands off our fingers, I guess, the only way to move forward is to live optimistically and make the best of everything there is.
No comments:
Post a Comment